Tuesday 28 May 2013

Punjabi Bhindi Masala

Punjabi Bhindi Masala

Ladies Finger..Phewwww.. I usually roast them nicely like a chips and eat as I don't like it much if cooked in any other style.
My hubby is so much against cooking Bhindi too much. So he came up this recipe. When I tried it, I immediately liked it that I have already made it twice in this week.



Ingredients
Onion - 1 (Medium Cubed)
Tomato - 1 (Medium Chopped)
Ladies Finger - 1/2 Kg (Cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
Chilly powder - 1 Teaspoon
Dhania Powder - 1 Teaspoon
Jeera powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Turmeric - Pinch
Salt and Oil

Method

  •  In a kadai, heat a Tablespoon and roast the Ladies finger for few minutes.Keep it aside.
  • In the same kadai, add some oil and cook the onion and once onion is done add the tomato and cook well. 
  • Once the Tomato is done, add the masala powder and cook it well. Don't add water at all. Just put the lid on and cook. 
  • Once the masala is cooked for say 3-4 minutes, add the ladies finger,salt and cook for 5-8 minutes.   
  • Serve it with Roti or cook and Sambhar.



0 comments:

Post a Comment