Wednesday 19 June 2013

Curd

Curd

My favourite dish. It tastes heavenly. I love Curd Rice with Vadoo Mango or Roasted Potatoes. Being a chennaite, having curd is a natural way to escape from Curd.

I always always have stock of Curd at my house. I believe I got this habit from my Dad. He needs curd as a part of his food and you can always find Curd at my Mom's house too.

It may sound simple, however making a Good curs is an Art.

In this post, I will share the tips to make perfect curd that you can cut and will taste heavenly.



Ingredients

Milk - 500 Ml
Curd - 1 tablespoon (To set the curd)

Method

Boil Milk. To set curd, the milk should be warm and not hot or cold.

 If you have a candy thermometer cool  the milk till it is between 40-45C

To the warm milk, add 1 talespoon of curd and mix and cover.

Keep it in a warm place (On the kitchen counter) so it will set fast and evenly.



0 comments:

Post a Comment