Saturday 22 June 2013

Donuts

Donuts
Donuts...Hmmmm... Tell me one person who does not like this...Whenever I visit CCD I never leave without tasting Donuts.. I always thought I was baked and found that it is  deep fried only couple of years ago.

I learnt how to make this dish from Menu Rani Chellam's TV show. I miss her show these days.

When I made this and gave it to my Dad he just could not believe that I made it from the scratch.. He thought that I bought the Donut base (Don't know whether they sell it) and applied chocolate sauce and gave him. It was that yummy !!!

As most of us in our house are not Egg fans I try to make my recipes Eggless, however, if you want you can always add egg as I would give a shine and binding.

Ok now to the recipe.




Maida/All purpose Flour - 1 Cup
Yeast - 1 Teaspoon
Sugar - 1 Teaspoon
Salt - a Pinch
Luke warm Milk - as required

Method

I used Dry active yeast. So the first step for me was to activate the yeast. Click here to find out how to activate Yeast.

In this recipe I used milk to activate the Yeast.

Then add the Yeast milk and lukewarm milk and make a soft dough. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.

Then dust a clean surface with All purpose flour. Using a rolling pin flatten the dough.

I rolled it to make 1/2 inch thick flat dough. Then using a cutter (I used a round shaped vessel and bottle cap) cut them into circles and in each circle make a small circle in the centre. (For this I used Bottle cap).

In a greased baking tray, place these donuts and cover it with a wet kitchen towel. Covering it with wet towel prevents it from drying

Leave it for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, it would have doubled in volume.

In a kadai, heat some cooking oil and fry these donuts. Please remember the oil should not be too hot. It should be just hot. SOme else, your donuts will burn and will not get cooked.

After cooling the donuts you can glaze with chocolate sauce or just some powdered sugar.

If you have noticed, the number of donuts for glazing went down as My hubby started eating the donuts even before I could glaze it.

Look at my post on How to Do Chocolate Glazing




















0 comments:

Post a Comment