Saturday 19 October 2013

Rajma Sundal

Rajma Sundal

In my post on Rajma Masala I had already mentioned that my MIL brings loads of them whenever she visits us.

So Rajma sneaks into my kitchen atleast once in a week. One another form of Rajma I make is Rajma Sundal.

This easy recipe just needs a little bit of planning as you need to soak the Rajma for at least 12 Hours.



Ingredients
Rajma - 1 Cup (Soaked overnight or 12 Hours)
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
Dry Red Chilly  - 2
Asafoetida - a pinch
Coconut -1 tablespoon (shredded optional, I did not use it)
Oil -1/4 Teaspoon
Salt - as per taste

Method

Cook Rajma in a pressure cooker for 8 whistles. Allow the cooker to come to room temperature on it own.

In a pan, add little oil, once the oil is warm add the Mustard seeds and allow them to splutter.

Add red chilly and asafoetida and add the cooked Rajma.

Add salt and saute for few minutes. If you want , you can add the coconut at this point.

Munch on this healthy snack.

0 comments:

Post a Comment