Sunday 10 November 2013

Thai Green Curry

Thai Green Curry

I was so bored with the dal, Sambhar so wanted to have some other cuisine. Usually I make Italian cuisine,but this time I did Thai cuisine.

I did not have lemon grass, Galangal etc so I substituted with what was available in my pantry. The taste was still good. In this recipe I will tell what is usually used and what substitution I used.



Ingredients

Coriander Leaves - 1/2 Cup
Pudinah Leaves - 1 Bunch
Green Chillies - 6 Pieces
Onion - 2 (Boiled)
Galangal -  1 inch (I used regular Ginger)
Basil leaves - 1 Handful
Lemon Grass - 1 Tablespoon (I used Lemon Juice)
Garlic pods - 8
Broccoli - 1 Floret
Paneer-1/2 Cup (Added as per my chioce, the original green curry will not have Paneer)
Carrot - 1/2 Cup
Capsicum - 1 cup
Mushroom - 1 cup
Baby Corn - 1 Cup (Boiled, I skipped this as I did not have them)
Coconut Milk -1/2 cup (First Milk - Refer to the tips section of the Coconut Milk Rice Recipe)
Salt - To taste
Butter or Olive oil (I mixed both)

Method

 In a blender, add the boiled onion,basil leaves, garlic coriander leaves,pudinah leaves,green chillies,ginger and grind it into a smooth paste. This can be stored in freezer for 7 - 10 days.

In a pan, add some butter or olive oil. Cook the paste till the Raw flavor is gone. Then add the vegetables (Broccoli,mushroom,carrot,capsicum) and cook.

After few minutes add water and salt and cook for few minutes. After 5-8 minutes of cooking , add the coconut milk.

After adding the coconut do not cook for long, just cook till it boils once.

Then remove it from heat and garnish it with baby corn and some basil leaves. Enjoy it with Thai Red Spicy Rice.


0 comments:

Post a Comment