Sunday 19 January 2014

Pumpkin Soup

Pumpkin Soup

I have actually seen a lot of baking recipes which has Pumpkin Puree,however I have always stayed away from them as I was not sure if I would like it.

One evening, during a chit chat with my mom, we were discussing about cooking shows of TV and she shared this recipe with me that was said in some TV show. When I questioned her about How she thiks it will taste, she said I am sure it will taste Great.I also referred here.

So I got a little confidence from her words so tried my hands on this pumpkin soup and my verdict It was AWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEsome...

Recipes with Pumpkin Puree, here I come.



Ingredients
Yellow Pumpkin - 300 Grams (I washed the Pumpkin, removed the seeds and used it  with skin)
Yellow Moong Dal - 1/4 Cup (Washed and Soaked in a cup of water)
Green Bell Pepper - 1/4 Cup (Optional)
Potato - 1 (Cubed Optional)
Oil - 1 Tablespoon (I used Olive Oil)
Salt and Pepper
Asafoetida - A pinch
Almonds - 3 (Sliced - Optional)

Method


In a pressure cooker, Add a Tablespoon and Asafoetida. Immediately add the veggies and saute for 5-8 minutes. Then add the soaked Yellow moong dal with the water and saute for minute.

Add enough water and cook it for 3 whistles on low flame.

Allow to the steam to go naturally.

Once it is cooled, blend the Vegetable and Dal in a blender.

Pour the Puree back to the pressure cooker and add Salt and Pepper to match your taste. You can also add water as per the consistency you want.



0 comments:

Post a Comment