Wednesday 26 February 2014

Capsicum Masala

Capsicum Masala

This is my hubby's favorite recipe. I am not a great fan of capsicum , however my hubby loves it. Usually my mom makes this for my hubby.

I love making this as including the cutting of vegetables the dish can be prepared in 15 minutes :-)

It goes well with both Rice and Roti.

The picture looks as if the recipe is so spicy, however it is not. I have used Kashmiri Chilly powder for the colour however it will not be too hot.



Ingredients

Capsicum/Green Bell Pepper - 1 (Chopped, large)
Onion - 1 (Medium, finely Chopped)
Tomato - 1 (Small, finely chopped)
Ginger Garlic paste  1/2 teaspoon
Chilly powder - 1 teaspoon (You can use regular Red chilly powder, I have used Kashmir Chilly powder for color)
Coriander Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder -1/4 Teaspoon
Garam Masala - 1/4 Teaspoon
Oil and Salt

Method

  • In a pan, heat a tablespoon of oil. Once the Oil is hot add the onions
  • Cook till the onions are done
  • Then add the Tomatoes and cook till they are done
  • Now add the chopped Capsicum and saute for 2 minutes.
  • after 2 minutes add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder an Grama Masala and saute.
  • Cook it covered with a lid till the Capsicum is cooked.
  • Wile cooking, remove the lid in between and stir the masala so it does not burn.
  • If you feel the masala may burn, then you may sprinkle some water and stir and cover with a lid and cook.
  • Don't pour water, just sprinkle 2-3 Tablespoons of Water.








0 comments:

Post a Comment