Tuesday 3 March 2015

Bombay Veg Grilled Sandwich recipe

Bombay Veg Grilled Sandwich recipe 

I am sure you would noticed the new look of my Blog. I simply love it as it is simple and neat. I don't like anything that's too fancy. Anyway, during re-designing of my blog I was updating some tags and that's when I realized I did not have even a single Sandwich recipe on my Blog. This recipe is inspired from here. However I have adapted to my taste and what was available in my pantry.



Ingredients

Bread Slices - 6 or More (Depending on how many you want to eat)
Potatoes - 2 (Boiled, Peeled and Sliced into circles)
Onions - 2 (Peeled and Sliced into Circles)

For Marinade
Oil - 3 Tablespoon ( I used Olive Oil)
Red Chilly Powder - 1 Tablespoon
Salt - To taste
Cumin Powder - 1 Teaspoon

For Spread
Thick Curd/Yogurt - 1/2 Cup
Tomato Ketchup - 1 Tablespoon



Method

  • In a plate, add some oil and to it add Red Chilly powder, Cumin Powder and Salt and Mix well.
  • To this add the sliced Potatoes and coat them with the marinade. 
  • If you have some time, you can allow it to rest for some time,however be careful as it will release water if you leave it for longer time. 
  • Also add the sliced onion to the marinade and coat it well with the marinade.
  • Now heat a Tava with some oil and once it is hot arrange the marinated potatoes and get them cooked and keep it aside.
  • Now in the same tava cook the Marinated onions too.
  • Now in a bowl, mix Curd and Ketchup well.
  • Take a slice and spread the Yogurt- Ketchup mix on the bread slice. Spread this like how you will spread butter on Bread.
  • Now on this place some Cooked potatoes and Onions and Cover with it another Bread slice.
  • If you want, you can spread the Yogurt-Ketchup spread on this slice also, I did as I love Yogurt.
  • I used a sandwich maker as I have one. So I pre heated my sandwich Maker and brushed some oil, then placed the prepared Sandwich in that and locked the sandwich maker.
  • After a minute or so my Sandwich was ready.
  • I also tried making this on the Tava top and it also turned out great.




0 comments:

Post a Comment